Are you 23 or over?
Is it your dream to become a nurse in Ireland?
The above course could be the first step in achieving this dream.
Better still, you can complete it without leaving your home.
If you are 23 or over and interested in a career in nursing, you will know that the mature route into nursing involves sitting a computer based assessment in April, consisting of three aptitude tests. Only those applicants who achieve above a certain score in this assessment will be considered for an offer as a mature code applicant. Unless there is a considerable amount of preparation done for these tests, most candidates would have little chance of achieving the required score. While preparation from books will help to a certain extent, a preparation course where students are provided with relevant sample questions and guided to complete them with speed and accuracy can be much more effective.
Some features of this online course:
- A high percentage of students who complete the course achieve a third level place in nursing each year.
- This is the only course available which provides all computer based tests.
- The course consists of 9 videos, 15 tests on Verbal Interpretation, Numerical Interpretation and Job Simulation and 13 downloadable documents.
- All tests are computer based. Immediately, on clicking Submit, the following information will be provided for each question in that test – whether each answer is correct or incorrect, the correct answer and an explanation as to why it is the correct answer, allowing the learner to see their mistake if they got it wrong.
- Learners can repeat each test as often as they wish, each time receiving the above feedback. This will allow learners to become proficient in this method of assessment which was used for the first time in 2018.
- All learners will be provided with the tutor’s contact details and are encouraged to ring or e-mail her if they have any questions.
- This format cuts out the cost and inconvenience of travelling to a particular venue.
- It also provides the convenience of completing the tests at the most suitable times for the learner.
- You can complete the tests on a PC, laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
- When you pay for the course online, it may take up to 2 days to receive the material.
The course costs €80 in total which includes all the tests, answers etc, as described above, the guiding videos and access to the tutor for clarification of anything required.
The Assessment (based on last year’s exam)
The test is made up of the following three parts:
Test 1 – Verbal Interpretation: This test examines an applicant’s verbal proficiency and their ability to glean specific information from a series of passages.
Test 2 – Numerical Interpretation: This test assesses the candidate’s ability to find relevant information from passages involving numerical data, manipulate numbers and carry out arithmetical calculations.
Test 3 – Job Simulation Exercise: This exercise presents the applicant with a number of scenarios of typical situations that could occur during the course of a nurse’s working life. The candidate has to read these scenarios and answer a number of questions relating to them. The aim of this part of the assessment is to gauge whether the applicant has the required qualities to make a good nurse or midwife.
THIS COURSE CONSISTS OF:-
- 15 Computer Based Tests – 6 Verbal Interpretation, 6 Numerical Interpretation and 3 Job Simulation
- 9 Videos – these explain how to do the tests and give tips on how to improve speed and accuracy.
- 13 Downloadable Documents – Powerpoint demonstrations of the videos, a list of tests and a list of videos.
On completing each test you will be told – the number you scored correctly, the correct answer for each Question and an explanation for each correct answer.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Apply for this online course
- Apply through the CAO for a number of types of nursing in a selection of colleges by February 1.
- Register with PAS (the Public Assessment Services), who administer the assessment. You must do this between 3 February and 21 February 2020 at 3pm on www.publicjobs.ie.
- Apply to PAS to do the assessment also between 3 February and 21 February.
- Practise, Practise, Practise!
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Ring Susan on 086 8807112
E-mail me on email@example.com
This is a privately run business which is in no way connected to the Public Appointments Service (PAS). The Assessment Test is run by PAS on behalf of An Bord Altranais. All practice tests are designed in line with tests from previous years. No responsibility can be taken for any future changes that may be made to the exam by PAS. However, if such changes are made, we guarantee to provide additional material on new topics or formats, as we did in 2018.